WHEN: 28 – NOV 2023 – 9AM to 5:30PM
WHERE: MICHELIN CAMPUS RDI –
Ladoux – Rue Bleue, Michelin Campus RDI
63118 Cebazat, France
SUBSCRIPTION LIMIT: 21 – NOV 2023 – 12:AM
PRICE: Free of charge
Take part in the first Workshop
of the European WhiteCycle project!
The Axelera cluster is a partner of the WhiteCycle project, coordinated by Michelin. This innovative european project aims to process and recycle PET from complex waste, competitive with fossil PET, meeting high industry specifications for technical textiles.
This free workshop will be an opportunity to present the state of progress of the project but also to discuss with the stakeholders interested and involved in this field.
9:00 - 11:30 - Introduction to WhiteCycle project, and European initiatives on textile recycling
- How WhiteCycle fits into Michelin's Research & Innovation roadmap
- Overview of WhiteCycle project: upscaling of innovative processes for the recycling of PET from complex wastes
- European Community of Practice for a Sustainable Textile Ecosystem: ECOSYSTEX
- Synergies between WhiteCycle and Cisutac (Circular & Sustainable Textiles & Clothing) European projects
11:30 - 15:30 - WhiteCyle 1st year achievements
- Launch of "Nouvelles Fibres Textiles" : France's first industrial pilot for automated sorting and dismantling of end-of-life textiles
- Networking lunch
- Project progress regarding real-time monitoring and identification of textile PET waste for recycling
- Project progress regarding enzymatic recycling
15:30-17:15 - Roundtables / Working sessions
- Working session 1 - Material preparation for recycling: let's talk about sorting, recognition and disassembly technologies
- Working session2 - How to assess and communicate environmental impacts to create trust for customers and society?
18:30-21:30 - Visit of "L'Aventure Michelin" & Cocktail